Friday, June 25, 2010

picture of the day


'The London Jungle Book'
Art by Bhajju Shyam
"Bhajju is a brilliant artist from the Gond tribe in central India, and this book is a visual travelogue of his impressions in London. With radical innocence and great sophistication, Bhajju brings the signs of the forest to bear on the city, turning London into an exotic jungle."

The Miracle of Flight - "The heaviest animal I have ever seen is an elephant. So that is the creature that came to mind when I painted the plane. A plane taking off is as much of a miracle as an elephant flying. I have put the trees upside down in the sky, and the clouds below, because flying turned my world upside down."

i also found this one especially touching:

Loyal Friend Number 30 - "Although I liked the underground very much, I still preferred to get to to work everyday by bus, because one stopped right outside my door. I have turned the Number 30 bus into a dog, because like a dog, it was a faithful and loyal friend to me. London buses look very friendly too, and fit in with the good spirit of the faithful dog."

found @ bibliodyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment